Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful Thankful Lord knows I'm Thankful!

On this final day of the Thanksgiving weekend, I have SO much to be thankful for!
I originally thought I'd share my thanks on Facebook, but then realized that the post would be far too long, so I'd better write a blog post instead!
We celebrated Thanksgiving with two meals - one on Thursday and then a traditional meal on Friday, both were blessed to have family here with us.
As we went around the table on Friday while eating our turkey dinner, it was amazing to hear what each person was thankful for. The depth of thanks to our Lord and the way He has provided such gifts in the lives of my immediate family was awesome.
And so I'd like to share what my answer to the question "What are you thankful for this year?"
First I'm thankful that God answered our prayers for another child. Daphne Louise is a gift to our family and, born at 42 weeks, she was worth waiting for! I'm thankful I was able to have the natural birth we desired for our littlest one, born in peace and joy at home. 
Next I'm thankful for our family members that, for the past month, have traveled to come and stay with us and help us. They have cleaned our home from top to bottom, given Camille extra love and attention during this time of HUGE transition for her, and supported me as I've needed extra rest, time to shower, and even made me meals (often bringing them to me in bed!). My family has been truly amazing and I cannot express our thanks enough for their support in this time!
Finally and most importantly, I'm thankful for my husband who has been truly amazing. Throughout my pregnancy, especially at the end, he went above and beyond to take care of me and take care of our eldest daughter. His support since the birth has been phenomenal - constantly getting me food and drinks, taking our daughter for walks, taking the baby when I need time to connect with our eldest, keeping our house clean, and even doing most of the cooking for our Thanksgiving meals this weekend.
He is simply amazing.
We are so grateful to our local community of friends who have brought us meals, groceries and so much love and support.
This year I am truly full of thanks!
So in the words of our favorite Thanksgiving song: " I'm thankful, thankful, Lord knows I'm thankful! Happy Thanksgiving Hap Happy Thanksgiving!"
Hap Happy Thanksgiving 

No comments:

Post a Comment