Monday, March 25, 2013

Full-filled
At the end of yesterday I looked at my toddler covered with evidence of our full day. In her hair were bits of broccoli and dirt, on her face was juice from tomatoes and crumbs from almond banana bread, and covering her clothes were tomato seeds, dirt, and a variety of other sources of stickiness. The smile that lit up her face was priceless.
Our Sunday didn't go as planned. It was so much better!
The day was spent dancing to worship music, reading stories, digging in the dirt, planting new plants, watering the garden and walking to the park. My ears were filled with giggles as my daughter flew high on the swings, slid down the slide and made new friends. While preparing dinner I heard sounds of turkey calls and laughter as she helped my husband prepare for his turkey hunt coming up in the garage.
My heart was warmed as she asked for broccoli, apples, grapes, kale chips and almond milk throughout the day. As she ate the same spinach quiche, carrots and apples we had for dinner.
And I melted as she asked for her blankie and mama's milk, then cuddled up in my arms, this long-legged, curly haired, quarter pound toddler, drinking the nourishment that God designed my body alone to provide her.
I didn't get a lot of things done and I'll admit, many days I don't get it right, but days like yesterday....yes. I will hold in my heart and thank God for such a full day. 

1 comment: