Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thankful for freedom

Tonight as I served a meal to my family, I celebrated freedom in my heart.
I am thankful on this 4th of July, a day celebrating the freedom we have in this country.
I celebrate that I have the freedom to serve any foods I choose to my family. I celebrate that I have the freedom to purchase fruits and vegetables directly from my local farmers and have the information on how they were grown.
As we prayed to our Lord before eating, I celebrated the freedom we have to pray to and worship any god we choose.
I celebrate, as I look at my husband, that I had the freedom to choose my own spouse.
I celebrate, as I look at my sweet daughter, that I can rejoice in having a girl as my firstborn, also knowing that my husband and I can have as many children as we wish without a government telling us to limit the number of our offspring.
I celebrate that we have the right to bear arms, and the freedom to exercise that right or not.
The list can go on and on. As I write this blog, I celebrate that I have the freedom to write and express my thankfulness, without fear that I would be reprimanded for my voice.
Thank you to the men and women who have died fighting for and defending our freedom and for those who continue to do so. May we as United States citizens continue to fight for our freedom and be thankful as we live in this land of the free and home of the brave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment