Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Time to Vent

I do not want to use this blog as a place to complain, but for this post I will use it to vent my frustrations.
For the most part my first four months of pregnancy have been really nice. Minimal nausea, no vomiting, feel-good support and love from friends and family...but not anymore!
I don't know what flipped the switch in people that makes them think that they get to give unwanted advice. Is it because we are half-way through? It seems that in these past weeks that some seem to think that they have been given permission to give me advice on
1-whether to find out the sex of the baby...and when to share it with anyone and everyone immediately, including through Facebook so the whole world knows! We will share when we are darn well ready!
2-what to name the baby. I'm pretty sure that decision is up to my husband and myself: no one else gets a say. We have decided to keep the name locked up in a highly secure vault until the baby comes out of me - then we will be happy to share!
3-when, where and how to have our baby shower. Sorry, it's already decided!
*sigh*
As much as I've read about well-meaning people trying to give advice during pregnancy I haven't had to experience it until now. Funny that this all happens after we move 5+ hours away.
Bottom line: I don't wish this experience on anyone and I am learning that when my dear friends and family are pregnant, I will not give advice unless it is asked for!
I'm beginning to resent even being in contact with people and am considering becoming a recluse for the remainder of my pregnancy! Jeesh!
Do you honestly believe that I have lost some level of intelligence with this pregnancy? I am still the capable adult, able to make decisions on my own, without advice or suggestions unless asked for.
So, take into consideration whether you are truly being supportive of those you love in life - by not giving advice when it has not been requested.
Thank you and goodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment