Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Frustration of my pregnancy

The biggest frustration of my entire pregnancy has been....HEALTH INSURANCE!!!! What a royal pain in the butt it has been dealing with all of the claims, changing doctors, changing insurance companies, paying excessive amounts of money - it's all pretty ridiculous.
Granted the main cause of the problems with insurance has been our move. Leaving my job with the RCA, where I now realize I had AMAZING insurance, trying to get the COBRA (continuing insurance) until the new insurance kicked in with Wes' new job, the dates got all messed up. The RCA's COBRA offering was pretty much a joke as it took them a long time to get me the information and I still had to hound them on getting the paperwork and yadda yadda. Turns out that they backdated the forms and then I wound up not being covered for a portion of time, having no clue that I wasn't covered and still had to have my prenatal check-ups with the new doctor while I wasn't covered. Yikes.
THEN having to find a new doctor up here wasn't the most fun. My first doctor I saw here in Tracy was not good, but I went to her for more appointments than I should have, thinking it might get better. Well, it didn't and I didn't trust her, so then I changed doctor's at 31 weeks pregnant - which meant that my new doctor required my entire deductible as a deposit before they'd see me. $1500 out of my pocket right there and then and now I come to find out that they intend to reimburse me that amount after I have the baby.
The only good thing to come out of this? I got $1500 extra on my credit card which equals points AND I'll get that money back. So there's a plus!
I have spent more time on the phone dealing with health insurance stuff than I ever desired to. I am convinced that health insurance causes more stress than its worth.
Well the end is in sight and I am really looking forward to meeting my baby girl. Not much changing in the way of progression, though last night I did have the same experience of 1 1/2 hours of consistent pressure waves, 5 minutes apart with a 7-8 out of 10 in intensity, only to stop cold turkey when I laid down to listen to my HypnoBabies track. Who knows? She's got to come out eventually! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment